• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS6 is not showing toolbars and the Window panel will not reset essentials

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded InDesign CS6 onto my computer today. Photoshop and Illustrator are showing toolbars and working fine. When I go into InDesign, no toolbars appear. I called and he talked me through to get to Windows and Essentails...when I try to reset essentials, the toolbars are still not appearing. There is also no control option under the Window taskbar. I've also found that it immediately defaults to an 8.5 x 11 doccument with no options to change page sizes. How can I get these basic tools to appear?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Hi Jennifer:

Unfortunately, no. My best tip is that if you don't want to upgrade your applications, don't upgrade your operating system. 

If you are on Windows 10, it's time to look into InDesign CC. It's US$20.99/mo after thr free 7-day trial.

https://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/free-trial-download.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer:

InDesign CS6 is not compatible with Windows 10. If that is your operating system, you might try running InDesign in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

lifewire.com/run-older-programs-with-windows-10-compatibility-mode-4587064

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb! Thank you so much. I tried to change some combatibility settings (screenshotted below). InDesign is still having the same issues. Do you have any other reccomendations? Compatibility.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jennifer:

Unfortunately, no. My best tip is that if you don't want to upgrade your applications, don't upgrade your operating system. 

If you are on Windows 10, it's time to look into InDesign CC. It's US$20.99/mo after thr free 7-day trial.

https://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/free-trial-download.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines