• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 'Out of Memory' on OS X El Capitan

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dialogue box regularly popping up within InDesign CS6 saying 'Out of Memory'. Frequently occurs, ever since installing OS X El Capitan on iMac 2 weeks back. Prior to OS update message had never appeared. 16GB RAM installed, Activity Monitor all reading fine. Have unchecked 'Auto-Collapse' and 'Auto-Show Hidden Panels' in Preferences, as some have suggested. Still no joy. CS6 Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge all seem fine. Any suggestions? Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

I have the very same problem. (ID CS6 on El capitan). Yesterday I trash Indesign preferences and then disable "Application Frame" under Indesign Window menu. So far so good, no more out of memory massages, missing undos and blank screens in Indesign all day. Todays workflow was pretty same as yesterday, so I hope this is solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there! Hope you are well! Please may you tell me where to find this 'Application frame & - bar' that you are referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at all of these forums to help, but despite trying all the preference resets, Java changes, and reloading the application, it wasn't working. So...

...I tried this yesterday, and for the first time I was able to go the entire day without InDesign CS6 crashing.

SHOCK!

This is what I did:

I moved the entire InDesign CS6 application folder from my Mac HD > Applications folder to my Username > Applications folder. I opened InDesign CS6 from that location and it asked if I wanted to update, so I did.

For the past few months since I upgraded to El Capitan, my InDesign CS6 crashed at least every hour to hour and a half. Yesterday was awesome, no crashes! Hope this helps someone out there, I'll update if I have any other issues since doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found after a bit of effort that the Out of Memory message was right. Figured out which page the export hung on and found that a consultant had saved multiple TIFs at 600 ppi at over 200 MB per image. Changed the resolution to 300 ppi and problem solved. So . . .  be sure to check the resolution of your images as part of the problem solving. I am using CS6  with the MacOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines