Highlighted

indesign - data merge - multiple records per page

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all,

I am experiencing a problem with the generation of multiple records per page with indesign (version 15.0.2).

I have created a table within a text box. The table (7 rows) has one column for headers and the second column is the recipient of the placeholders. I would like to place 3 tables per page. There is sufficient space.

However, when generating the merge document:

1. I cannot preview the multiple records despite having ticked the radio button
  2. When I generate the documetn, it creates a document with one table per page and 50 pages which is obviously not the result I expect.

I used the tool in the past and it worked fine. I wonder if anyone of you have experienced a problem with the data merge function in the recent past and if you have any suggestion to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Stéfane

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

indesign - data merge - multiple records per page

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all,

I am experiencing a problem with the generation of multiple records per page with indesign (version 15.0.2).

I have created a table within a text box. The table (7 rows) has one column for headers and the second column is the recipient of the placeholders. I would like to place 3 tables per page. There is sufficient space.

However, when generating the merge document:

1. I cannot preview the multiple records despite having ticked the radio button
  2. When I generate the documetn, it creates a document with one table per page and 50 pages which is obviously not the result I expect.

I used the tool in the past and it worked fine. I wonder if anyone of you have experienced a problem with the data merge function in the recent past and if you have any suggestion to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Stéfane

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen shots that include frame edges and layers pallet? There are a number of things that could cause this issue. Even better, could you share your file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please be clear on the terms "columns" and "rows", since you mention "columns" for  "headers". Maybe you do have vertical headers, but just to be sure. Some screenshots can make the difference between a riddle or a reasonable question...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0