• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign document inset spacing value (.25 in) occurs in every text frame in every document

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that everytime I open a new text frame, somehow the inset spacing defaulted to a value of .25 inches in any document. I'd like it to default to 0 inches each time I open a text box in any InDesign Document. I know how to open text frame options for any text box with command + B, but I'm manaully changing the inset spacing all the time. I've searched online and one would think this is an InDesign Preference selection, but I do not see any inset spacing settings.

I read a post about Find/Change, Objects, Specify attributes to change, Text Frame General Options (see image):  next, I set it to 0 in., but to no avail, when I open a new text box it's still set at a value .25 in. Where do I go to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Sounds like an Object Style – change it to 0 inches without any documents open and it will become the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like an Object Style – change it to 0 inches without any documents open and it will become the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cange the setting if no text tool is acctive it will be the setting for every new frame in that document.
If you change the setting if no document is open, it will be the setting in every new document.

If you adapt and create your styles, also object style, if no doucemnt is open an select the wanted default style, it will become your standard. I recommend to go this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If these suggestions don't work, reset your InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines