Highlighted

Indesign documents not appearing

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an indesign document it is not appearing on screen. I've tried restarting the machine and checking for updates. The application is running but the document is not visible on screen. Even if I create a new document it does not show up, but if I quit the application it still asks me if I wish to save the doc even though it is not on screen.

Any advise would be very welcome.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign documents not appearing

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an indesign document it is not appearing on screen. I've tried restarting the machine and checking for updates. The application is running but the document is not visible on screen. Even if I create a new document it does not show up, but if I quit the application it still asks me if I wish to save the doc even though it is not on screen.

Any advise would be very welcome.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a laptop that was previously hooked up to a second monitor? Did you disable the open files in tabs preference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want to go there, yet. If the user is on a Mac, it might be as easy as turning on the application frame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0