• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign doesn't work on Window OS

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign doesn't work at all on Window OS. 

I can't even start the program... because it has stopped with the starting window saying "starting service registry...". 

Restarting computer is not helping.. what should I do?

It works very well on my macbook pro, but I need to use it on my desktop too. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

If you're trying to use an older version of InDesign (CS6 or earlier) with the latest version of Windows 10 then those versions are not supported. If that is the case you can try running your PC in Windows 7 compatibility mode which may work. If you are using InDesign CS 2020 check the compatibility of your Windows version at: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and Windows OS version?

How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to use an older version of InDesign (CS6 or earlier) with the latest version of Windows 10 then those versions are not supported. If that is the case you can try running your PC in Windows 7 compatibility mode which may work. If you are using InDesign CS 2020 check the compatibility of your Windows version at: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to suggestions given earlier, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign

Hope ot helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines