Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign double page spread in PDF ?

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just designed a booklet in InDesign which will be printed but the client has asked to have a digital version which shows a full page spread for the front cover. The program by default splits it because it thinks it's a booklet but is there any way to do this in inDesign so that the front cover can be exported to PDF as a 2 page spread side by side instead of just one?

Thanks in advance for the help!

K

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

No need for a separate document.

File>Export to PDF

I don't know how big your document is - but if it's 24 pages then

Select Page Range

Tick Spreads

Then export pages 2-23 as per normal.

Then combine the files in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the cover on a separate document and export to pdf then combine with other pdf pages in acrobat from File>create>combine files into a single pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for a separate document.

File>Export to PDF

I don't know how big your document is - but if it's 24 pages then

Select Page Range

Tick Spreads

Then export pages 2-23 as per normal.

Then combine the files in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eugene, thank you for posting this.

Adobe, if you're listening... this is less than ideal. It should be possible to export a spreads PDF without having to jerryrig it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you have the latest version of InDesign you can add a couple of animations and export it as Publish Online document and really impress your client!

(You can also allow users to download it as PDF version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Publish Online, but I simply cannot work out how to make it show up as Spreads so it reads like a magazine, instead its showing as single pages? I made a PDF preset with spreads set to on and applied it before publishing, but this didn't seem to make a difference.

I am  new to teaching myself inDesign, I have searched google and can find lots of suggestions for exporting PDFs, as  I have got that working previously, but I can't work out how to do it for this Print Online feature which I would love to be able to ultilize.

This thread seemed the closest to what I am asking so I figured I would ask here

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

Select 'Spread' in Publish Online settings dialog which comes on clicking Publish Online.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! These were all super helpful... and quick and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines