• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign: Drop Shadow Changes Colors When Exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I am missing a setting? I have two images below to show the setting I am using and the appearance before/after the export. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 12.48.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 12.48.49 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

If the PDF is for commercial printing Apple’s Preview is not reliable and shouldn’t be used to check the output.

If the PDF is for screen viewing set your Output tab to convert the color to sRGB and flatten transparency. Something like this:

Screen Shot 22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the PDF in AcrobatPro or a browser? Does it happen if you export to the PDF/X-4 preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the PDF/X-4 preset and it still happened. I am viewing it with the mac preview, but I am downloading Acrobat right now to see if it happens. I will say that I tried printing it and if I print from InDesign it looks normal but if I print from the saved pdf it is the gross brown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright it does look normal in Acrobat. Although this is annoying because I don't plan to keep adobe products (can't afford to). Is there a way to save it so it looks normal when using other pdf viewers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the PDF is for commercial printing Apple’s Preview is not reliable and shouldn’t be used to check the output.

If the PDF is for screen viewing set your Output tab to convert the color to sRGB and flatten transparency. Something like this:

Screen Shot 22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines