Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign: editing block issue

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Something weird has been happening to me since the last Indesign updates. When I want to edit a text frame as I always did by double-clicking on it, the text gets selected... I start typing text... and Damned! The block is not in edit mode. Everything I do is lost. I have to do a couple of things to get the block to go into edit mode. What is this stupid thing? It pisses me off so much!
Thanks for helping me.
YB

Toujours avoir un plan B ! / Having always a B plan!
TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Quelle version d'InDesign ? La 15.1.2 ?

Aucun problème pour moi sur Mac avec High Sierra (10.13.6) ni sur Catalina.

Est-ce que ça se produit sur tous les documents ? Si oui, il faut suivre la suggestion d'Eric Dumas. Il faut relancer l'application tout en appuyant simultanément sur Maj, Ctrl, Alt [Windows], Maj, Ctrl, Alt et Cmd [Mac] jusqu'à l'apparition du message demandant confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tested it on my latest version Win10 and it worked for me. Have you tried to reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes. I just did it. So I will test it today… 

Thanks

YB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with @Eric Dumas. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen with a specific file or all?

Please try resetting preferences of the app using the steps given on this help article and let us know if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Sorry! I am working with InDesign CC2020 (15.1.2) and Mac Os X.13.6 High Sierra.

The problem existed with earlier versions. It seems to have appeared with CC2018. In short, by dint of cumulating versions, it is perhaps logical these small inconveniences... I will reinitialize the Prefs, and we will see then...

Thank you for the answer. Yours sincerely!

YB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quelle version d'InDesign ? La 15.1.2 ?

Aucun problème pour moi sur Mac avec High Sierra (10.13.6) ni sur Catalina.

Est-ce que ça se produit sur tous les documents ? Si oui, il faut suivre la suggestion d'Eric Dumas. Il faut relancer l'application tout en appuyant simultanément sur Maj, Ctrl, Alt [Windows], Maj, Ctrl, Alt et Cmd [Mac] jusqu'à l'apparition du message demandant confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Désolé pour cette omission importante !  Il s'agit d'InDesign CC2020 (15.1.2) et de Mac Os X.13.6 High Sierra.

Le problème a existé avec les versions antérieures. Il me semble que c'est apparu avec CC2018. Bref, à force de cumuler des versions, c'est peut-être logique ces petits désagréments… Je vais réinitialiser les Préfs, et on verra ensuite…

Merci de la réponse, bien à vous !

YB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir

Merci à tous pour toutes vos réponses. J'ai fait tout ça, et entre temps, je suis aussi passé à Mojave pour pouvoir mettre mes applications Adobe (High Sierrra incompatible avec les dernières mises à jour). Depuis, tout fonctionne bien. Rest à voir si une autre bizarrerie a disparu… Parfois, lorsque je tapais du texte, systématiquement Chaque Mot Prenait Une Capitale, Ce Qui Était Vraiment Gênant ! 

J'avais fini par me créer un raccourci remettre tout ça normal, mais bon… Sans, c'est encore mieux.

Merci encore !

YB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

আমার আইডি খুলে দিন প্লিজ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

আমার এডোবি ফায়ার ফ্লাইট আইডি খুলে দিন প্লিজ। 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have absolutely no idea of what you are referring to, but this is a user to user forum, dedicated to InDesign. You should contact the Adobe customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines