Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign endnotes not exporting to epub

Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 459 endnotes in my 318 page Indesign book. When I am trying to export the book to reflowable epub, it hangs. I read many posts and tried all possibilities like font change, just 10 endnotes. No luck. 

Then, I converted endnotes to footnotes, it's exporting to EPUB without issues. So, I started converting all my endnotes to footnotes. There again, it crashes and even closes abruptly. Then, I tried to convert directly from Type convert endnotes to footnotes, it seemed processing. After a while, it also crashes InDesing and close abruptly.

If this doesn't work, either i manually recreate all the endnotes as footnotes or redo the eBook through word which will not give any issues.

Can someone help to get through this?

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

This issue is rectified. If anyone facing this issue, it's because of the frames and overset text, the InDesign hangs indefinitely. My issue was overset text happening due to baseline grid enabled. Once I removed that, it's working fine. Of course, to find that it took a lot of testing though.

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is rectified. If anyone facing this issue, it's because of the frames and overset text, the InDesign hangs indefinitely. My issue was overset text happening due to baseline grid enabled. Once I removed that, it's working fine. Of course, to find that it took a lot of testing though.

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines