Highlighted

InDesign/epub question

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, InDesign/epub question; why is my epub reading the spreads (English) the wrong way? Also, is there a way to swipe or tap from the right side of the ebook when reading?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign/epub question

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, InDesign/epub question; why is my epub reading the spreads (English) the wrong way? Also, is there a way to swipe or tap from the right side of the ebook when reading?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say I'm using InDesign 15.1.2 and I'm creating a fixed layout epub. It's a heavily illustrated children's book with spreads. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to expand on that. What does the wrong way mean?

You should also be aware that fixed layout epub is highly dependent on the reader app. Most epub readers are pretty bad at fixed layout. The books app on Mac and iOS/iPad OS are the best. You can also give this a try: https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 2