Highlighted

InDesign error! Unable to create new document.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem with InDesign. When I type whatever the size of the page I want and i click create it doesn't open the document I wanted. I doesn't do anything. Is it a bug or my pc is the problem?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign error! Unable to create new document.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem with InDesign. When I type whatever the size of the page I want and i click create it doesn't open the document I wanted. I doesn't do anything. Is it a bug or my pc is the problem?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the exact version of the software and operating system you are using.

Also, can you reset your preferences 

• Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

• macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

You might have to reinstall the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I have exactly the same problem with the latest InDesign version (16.0 x64): impossible to create a new InDesign document after having created a first one!!!

The only way is systematically to delete all InDesign information in my AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming.

Please fix urgently this bug!!!

Regards

Pascal Garin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0