• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Export Color Issues - PNG

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I are exporting the same file and are using the same PNG setting but our colors are very different. While mine are bright and match the original file, his are murky looking — we cannot figure out why his colors are so off in comparison. The top image is the export from his computer and the bottom is what the file should look like —I have also included his export settings. The original file does not contain any spot colors and is set to CMYK as the final products will be printed, the PNGs will be used as samples on a website. The top image is his export, the bottom image is what the file should look like.The top image is his export, the bottom image is what the file should look like.Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 8.26.58 AM.png 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

we cannot figure out why his colors are so off in comparison

Make sure he doesn’t have color management turned off in Color Settings—should not be set to Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off.

I can replicate his color by turning Off CM

Screen Shot 22.png

With CM on and sRGB and US Web Coated SWOP as document assignments:

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the document’s assigned color profiles? Check Edit>Assign Profiles... (not Color Settings’ Working Spaces).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we cannot figure out why his colors are so off in comparison

Make sure he doesn’t have color management turned off in Color Settings—should not be set to Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off.

I can replicate his color by turning Off CM

Screen Shot 22.png

With CM on and sRGB and US Web Coated SWOP as document assignments:

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was exactly the issue, thank you so much for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines