• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign export crashes

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more often, my files crash when I export them (interactive PDF or print PDF) no matter how many slides I have, but it tends to occur when the document is quite heavy. 

Sometimes it crashes at the 26th slide, or the 52th, it looks random. I have to change randomly some settings, like the JPG compression or the quality, for it to get exported properly. 

The message does not indicate any reason. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS High Sierra, 10.13, and last version of Indesign 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are your images? Try resampling your images in Photoshop to 300 ppi and importing them into the InDesign file at 100% size and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file could be corrupted. Try exporting an .idml file and opening that back up. It will recreate a new file that may have the corruption fixed.

If that doesn't work, and it crashes on specific pages, there's likely something on those pages that's causing the hangup. Use a process of elemination to try to find the offending element:

• Try deleting half the items and export.
  • If it works, you know the bad item was in that half. If not, delete the other half and retest.
  • Keep repeating until you find the problematic frames/content.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines