• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign export error message

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export an InDesign file to PDF and am receiving two error messages.  First - "This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible.  Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."  Second - Failed to Export the PDF file."  Preflight window there are no errors.  Links window are to the placed photos.  I can't find a URL or email address in the document that is not correctly associated under the hyperlinks window with the real URL or email address. I have read to export as a mark up file and have done that, but to no avail, continue to receive the error message.  Document is a two page bulletin to be emailed to a group.  Operating system is Windows 10 Pro. Creative Cloud just updated recently, automatically.

InDesign error message 1.pngInDesign error message 2.png

Thank you for your help,

Edith

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Are you on a mac or PC? It is all about the permissions on macs. Go to system preferences, security and privacy, privacy tab. Click the lock icon and login. In the full disk & access and files & folders, make sure all adobe programs are checked. If you can't do this which I couldn't at first, you will need to update your os. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links window are to the placed photos.

Are any of the Links CC Library assets? Have you checked that all have a Status of OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links are to the placed photos located on my external hard drive.  Nothing is from CC Libraries.  All links are "Status: OK".   All hyperlinks in the document are correctly associated under the hyperlinks window with the real URL or email address. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue since updating to InDesign 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. How do I deal with this? I can't make a PDF right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a mac or PC? It is all about the permissions on macs. Go to system preferences, security and privacy, privacy tab. Click the lock icon and login. In the full disk & access and files & folders, make sure all adobe programs are checked. If you can't do this which I couldn't at first, you will need to update your os. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. I dread updates. Only for these forums, I would be totally lost! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This solved the issue for me, after I had updated my work Mac laptop to Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked perfectly. I recently upgraded to Big Sur and did not giver permission to access my documents folder on my hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so much! I upgraded my system to Big Sur 20 Aug 21 and since then Indesign was struggeling. Very very slow. I deleted prefs, zapped the PRAM, installed older version to just be able to do a simple text document. 3 days later, I installed the lates verison again and found your link. thank you! Apple support could not even help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It is fantastic to find solutions here in this community. This worked and I would never in a million years figuerd this out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2021 and this information just fixed the issue for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved the day. I was getting very frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@khtzoo saves the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2022 and this fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much. I was about to give up completely 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This fixed it for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue - been frying my brain!!! Thanks for solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear its resolved @Stephen25507799igp6 Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do if you are experiencing this same problem, but have a PC ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find out? I'm having the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines