Highlighted

InDesign export to jpeg shows gradient incorrectly, however, PDF export shows correct result.

New Here ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, haven't seen this in a while, but can't seem to get it to behave - am exporting a flyer to jpeg for email circulation, but there's a vector in it with gradients, and while that's fine when I send to PDF, it's doing some quite ugly banding when going straight to jpeg, no matter how high I push the settings.

Bodgy workaround has been to open the PDF up in PS and save as jpeg, but wondering if there's a handy solution to avoid this?

Thanks in anticipation

H

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign export to jpeg shows gradient incorrectly, however, PDF export shows correct result.

New Here ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, haven't seen this in a while, but can't seem to get it to behave - am exporting a flyer to jpeg for email circulation, but there's a vector in it with gradients, and while that's fine when I send to PDF, it's doing some quite ugly banding when going straight to jpeg, no matter how high I push the settings.

Bodgy workaround has been to open the PDF up in PS and save as jpeg, but wondering if there's a handy solution to avoid this?

Thanks in anticipation

H

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, when you export InDesign file to PDF it looks fine but looks different when exported to JPEG. That's definitely not normal. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS (Exact version of Windows/ MAC)
  • Version of InDesign
  • Screenshots of the actual artwork, PDF and JPEG.
  • Is it happening with this particular file or multiple files?
  • In which profile the document was created web or print? You can check that in Document Setup (File > Document Setup).

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am dealing with the same exact situation!

• Windows 10
  • InDesign version 15.1 (current latest) 
  • i have tried copying my artwork to a new file and the same issue occurs
  • my document was created in print, though i switched to web just to see if that would help and it didnt.

Please excuse me for needing to blur out the content, i hope this is clear enough.

*I must add that i have been trying for a long while now to understand what is going wrong, ive tried switching several settings and i have about 20 drafts 😞

Anticipating your help! thanks!

discoloration--PDF-vs-JPEG-.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Photos application is not color managed, so that is likely the reason for the color mismatch.

For JPEG export set your Document’s RGB profile assignment to sRGB (Edit>Assign Profiles...), and then set the JPEG export dialog to this:

Screen Shot 25.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i just tried this.. unfortunately doesnt seem to make a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you compared the JPEG to your ID page in Photoshop? I think the Photos application might be the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean to place the JPEG and Indesign graphics side by side in photoshop?

The JPEG appears just as it does using the Photos app

discoloration.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the ID file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant the actual file so I can open it into InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, using what format? I see i cant attach a file here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InDesign file. You can share any file by putting it in your computer‘s Creative Cloud Files folder, which will sync it to your cloud account. After the sync is complete, right-click the file and choose View on Website. From the webpage you can get a share link by clicking the share icon. Post the link here.

Screen Shot 1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0