• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign export to pdf for flipbook

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a pdf from inDesign and used the export setting "smallest file size" and the compression image quality set at high. (The pdf is naturally not as good as exporting as the "high quality print" export setting.)

The issue I am having is that when the developer is creating the flipbook, it is showing very distinct boundry lines (either the image boundry or text boundry).

Can anyone give an insight as to why this is happening. I have attached some screen shots.

• Screen Shot of Actual pdf sent to developer.png
  • Screen Shot of flop page on test site.png

Also the developer is suggesting that i do the following (which to me is not a quick fix)

...... "Try combining these effects layers into one raster image in the background, with the type and effects-free vectors on top?" ....... I have attached his screenshot

• Screenshot from developer suggested fix
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you use smallest file size? 

That said, if the PDF looks okay in Acrobat talk to the "developer." It's not an InDesign issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for the reply. I agree with you there, I used the same settings as the previous pdf file that was used to create the flipbook in an attempt to avoid any issues.

would you happen to suggest a program that I can use to create a flipbook from indesign with the features of a turning page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you must have a flip book (the feature becomes irritating for the reader very quickly), have a look at this kind of service: http://fliphtml5.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines