Highlighted

Indesign: Exporting to PDF wont go past 95% Complete

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day/night 

I am trying to export a 2-page document in Indesign to PDF, I am using the standard settings, however, the file will not save, when trying to close the document an error saying that it "cannot close the document as it is being used in a background tasks"

The background task shows it exporting but stops at 95%, I have left it for over an hour and it does not finish. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign: Exporting to PDF wont go past 95% Complete

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day/night 

I am trying to export a 2-page document in Indesign to PDF, I am using the standard settings, however, the file will not save, when trying to close the document an error saying that it "cannot close the document as it is being used in a background tasks"

The background task shows it exporting but stops at 95%, I have left it for over an hour and it does not finish. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post from the Get Started forum to the Program Specific forum.

If this is in Error please state the exact Adobe program you are asking about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the standard settings

There is no “standard” settings. can you tell exctly which settings do you use?

The background task shows it exporting but stops at 95%,

And there is no error message? Have you imported links in the file? Are they OK?

Try to export only the first page. If it is Ok, export the second one, to find where is the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jmlevy 

The standard setting I was referring to was the High-quality print in the export screen, I do not change the parameters set. 

No error message just stops. 

The file consists of text and blocks created within the program, only imported was the header and footer which I have used in other files with no problem. 

It does the same when exporting one or two pages. 

I created a new file and it exported, I then created a copy of the original file and it will not export. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
jmlevy LATEST
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to export your file in idml format, then open this file and try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not say what your document consists of. Are there very large images with very high resolution? Are there multiple typefaces? Please be specific. Also what version of InDesign and what operating system are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies Bill_Silbert 

The document consists of text (single typeface Arial) 

No high-resolution images only blocks drawn within the program itself, with no fancy editing. 

The version of InDesign is 2020 and Windows 10.

There is a header and footer which is common with a number of other documents where there is no issue. 

It is only this document I am having issue with, even a copy of the document. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0