Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign extreme lag and freezing

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. 
I'm using Indesign on a brand new machine (two days old dell xps, 16 gb ram) and i get constant and really annoying lags and freezing everytime i open two documents at once, which makes it impossible to work since I need to work with multiple documents at a time with many cross-references. When I close the second document it often goes back to normal, or at worse when i close and re-open indesign.

This way though, it's impossible for me to keep up with my work.
Any suggestion?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is auto-preflight off?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wasn't. Turned it off now, but no changes at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, do from both files idml, open it and save as new indd, open new indd files and check it. If not helps send your example files to support, let they check it why you have so slow work if both files opened at once. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done with no success.The thing is, it doesn't happen with only two specific files, but with every file. I just need to open a second document while working on another one, and suddenly i get the freezes and the lags. So I don't think is a problem of file corruption or something similar. 
Tried to reset preferences as well.

EDIT: I also tried to open, instead of a heavy file + medium file, 1 medium file + 2 small files. This way it seems to be working fine.

Could it be a problem of allocated resources? Like indesign can't handle them.
The thing is I always used indesign this way, even with older machines, and I had no problems at all, I even worked with 700+ pages books made by 5-6 heavy files, and it worked like a dream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines