• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Failing to put story in Assignment Package

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks. This is my first time here so please forgive any stupidity on my part. I work for a magazine that has recently stopped using the K4 publication system (well, it died and is like $15K to replace ... we are small ... yada yada). Anywho, I've been trying to setup a workflow and have followed the instructions on packaging both by Assignment, and also as exporting the individual elements (over and over and over). And every single time, all of the photos and cutlines on the spread are available to the editor in InCopy, but not the actual story. You can *see* the story in layout view in InCopy, but it says that it's not included in the assignment.

I have tried over and over to select the story and add it to the package; to re-add it; to delete all the files and start over and repeat. All of our files are currently being shared in a business Dropbox account as it's faster than over our VPN ... so we all have access.

I've read a number of tutorials and gone through the steps a number of times with the same result. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?? If I select the story, add it to the assignment, update all assignments ... shouldn't that work?

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?