• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign fan issue

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to let you know about an InDesign issue I am having and if you had come across it before.

Over the last two days, whenever I was using my imac the fan got really loud. I tried shutting down, restarting etc – occasionally it was quiet, then the fan would get loud again and stay loud all day.

It occurred to me in the night, that two days ago Creative Cloud updated my InDesign to version 15.1. I quit InDesign and the fan went quiet. I booted up InDesign again the fan went loud. So I reverted to InDesign version 15.0.3 this morning (the previous version) and the fan has been quiet since.

It is obviously the InDesign update to 15.1 that is causing the mac’s fan to run hard – have you heard of this problem, are Adobe aware? Hopefully they can sort this issue with a new update. So I will have to keep to version 15.0.3 for now.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run the Activity Monitor to see if you have a background task running amok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for for the advice, it does seem to be ok at the moment, I updated InDesign again to 15.1, but held down Shift+Option+Command+, while starting InDesign, apparently this deletes the preferences. Since then it seems ok. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset the preferences you have to hold down Shift, Ctrl, Option and Command to reset preferences. Did you see a warning message asking for confirmation?

Anyway, if the problem is solved…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, it was Adobe support that told me - Shift+Option+Command, and no I didn't get a warning message for confimation!

But as you say the problem seems to be solved. If it comes back I'll try as you suggest: Shift, Ctrl, Option and Command. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes common mistake on support's part - the shortcut they gave you was for Windows. It does nothing on the Mac. Go with jm's suggestion and use shift+ctrl+option+cmd when starting up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the shortcut they gave you was for Windows

No sorry, you are also wrong: the shortcut for Windows is Shift, Ctrl and Alt (since there is no Command key on Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fan means the computer is working hard, it isn't a fault or a concern. I love the sound of the fan, it means I'm finally getting the power I paid for. However, if InDesign is not working at the moment, we'd both hope it stops working the computer, though it does no harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines