Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign file froze!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a product catalogue file in InDesign, with around 130 pages.
It's been a few months since I've started working on that project. Over those months I updated the file regularly and created new ones, some after .idml files, when I was having problems.

However yesterday something weird happened that I can't seem to be capable to fix. I did change the inside margins of a text box inside a style object, which caused a lot of excess text in those objects. I was able to change a few but then everything froze and since then I was not able to do anything else on the file. I don't know if it was caused by the change in the object styles, but it's the last thing I remeber doing before everything went crazy. Sometimes there's a delayed reaction to something I try to do (scroll or something similar) but it's just for like 3 seconds. InDesign seems to work properly with other files. It's just when I open this one that everything frozes.

I was able to save a new .idml file, I restored the InDesign preferences (using the Ctrl-Alt-Shift), I turned off preflight, but nothing seems to work. I don't know what else to do, since I'm kinda new to InDesign. Oh and it's an old version, CS5.

Anyone got a suggestion?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour,

CS 5 est effectivement une très anciene version. Je ne connais pas bien Windows mais il y a un gros risque d'instabilité sur des versions récentes de Windows.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/will-indesign-cs5-work-with-windows-10/td-p/10806415?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines