Highlighted

Indesign file Huge after data merge

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I data merged an excel sheet into my indesign file. No background or images in file. Now the indesign file is 746MB! Shouldn't be more than a 1 mb I would think. Any suggestions of how I can make that smaller?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign file Huge after data merge

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I data merged an excel sheet into my indesign file. No background or images in file. Now the indesign file is 746MB! Shouldn't be more than a 1 mb I would think. Any suggestions of how I can make that smaller?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over to the proper forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a vague question. Is there more information? It is the merged record that you consider too large? How many records? Do you have inmages and/or QR codes? Do you need to save the merged file? I usually never save the mreged file since I can generate it on demand. so I seldom measire size of my files. You are sure it's not 746KB? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you save that file as IDML, open that and save it again as INDD?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0