• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign file loads up RAM up to 100Go then crash, seems it's the file who gets corrupted.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

So last week I had to ask for Adobe Custom Care because I had one of my most important file of the company going nuts. Unfortunately I have no Time Machine to try and dig up an old save of it.
What happens is that the file open up, for 2 second then the rainbow wheel of death appears and the Activity Monitor keeps showing the RAM loading up to 30, then 60 the 100 Go undefinetely till Finder gets worried about it.

The file I sent them through Cloud happened to be corrupted and it couldn't be fixed.
The thing is, it happened to another one of my file this morning as well… We suspected it came from Fonts but I can't fricking live with the constant fear of losing, at best one day of work from time to time (if the time machine I'm setting up rn) will work…

Anybody that came through this problem and had a solution found ? to stop it from happening, but also

I reinstalled InDesign in between first and second problem and tbh I thought it would only be a one in a lifetime screw up so I didn't take any countermesures…

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the Way I'm on MAC OS Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines