InDesign file opens as unsaved

Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started today. I open an InDesign file and without making any changes it is somehow altered and needs to be saved.

Fixed it. Just found the solution on another thread about the same problem. Reset your InDesign Preferences.

Skærmbillede 2018-11-14 kl. 13.57.25.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign file opens as unsaved

Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started today. I open an InDesign file and without making any changes it is somehow altered and needs to be saved.

Fixed it. Just found the solution on another thread about the same problem. Reset your InDesign Preferences.

Skærmbillede 2018-11-14 kl. 13.57.25.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 01, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've provided precious little information for us to know what's happening: What it does it mean: "without making any changes [the InDesign file] is somehow altered"? What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 0
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running OS X 10.11.6 and using InDesign CC 2017.

The problem is with all InDesign files…including a file created 2 hours before the problem started. That file was created and saved, it was the opened and without doing anything to it I was prompted to save it before closing. I have also created new files saved them, closed and upon reopening they also had to be saved before closing.

The files I open are not copies or templates.

This issue did not exist before yesterday. I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign to no avail. I have also done the same with the Creative Cloud app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving the files locally, on a server or on a system that might 'tag' the files making them read as updated?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2017 0
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening from an older version into a newer version, such as from 2015 Release to 2017 Release?

That would be first thing to look at.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 0
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also possible that some links are updated automatically or some font mapping was adjusted, which makes the file different from when you opened it.

If your open, save, close then open that file again, does it come up as 'altered' and needs to be saved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Mentor ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the options button in the dialog box where you choose files. There is a setting for Open Copy that could do what you're seeing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is that the OP opened a template, but until such time that this is clarified all we can do is guess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0
Mentor ,
Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more possibility is you exported from it. That could cause a need to save the file.

Again, waiting for the OP to explain more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2017 0