Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign File recovery from iCloud

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

All my work files are saved directly on icloud, so that there is a constant backup.

I have been working on the dInDesign document for a week now and saving it everyday. However yesterday, my InDesign got hung and I had to forcebly quit it. When I tried reopening the file, it said that the file name could not be found, do you want to postpone recovery? I pressed 'yes' hoping that when the icloud server is able to connect back, I will get my recovery file. But I still haven't been able to open it.

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 9.19.59 AM.png

image.png

I have even tried to look for InDesign recovery folder through the suggested paths of user/library/cache/InDesign/InDesign Recovery through other help groups, but even after searching my entire laptop hard disk and iCloud, there seems to be no folder named 'InDesign Recovery'

Following were my attempts to look for that folder:

1.Path 1

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 9.10.27 AM.png

2.Path 2

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 9.10.48 AM.png

When I go to my iCloud account through GoogChrome, I can locate and download the said file, but it is the older version which has atleast 4 days of work missing.

I really need help with this. InDesign's message of whether to postpone recovery, makes me feel that there is hope. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Deepti

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Hello All,

I used the following suggestion from another chat session from an individual called 'Grant_H'

"you need to uncheck the "optimize mac storage" option in icloud prefs. icloud will download the actual files back into the sync folder and delete the .icloud files."

So it worked and recovered my latest file.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello All,

I used the following suggestion from another chat session from an individual called 'Grant_H'

"you need to uncheck the "optimize mac storage" option in icloud prefs. icloud will download the actual files back into the sync folder and delete the .icloud files."

So it worked and recovered my latest file.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines