Highlighted

Indesign files opening by default to Read Only

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Every year I work on some Year Book files that I did not create and they open as read only files so I have to resave a million versions. The file is not locked, I have read & write privilegdes. It doesn't happen every time but 80% of the time which is odd. I am on a mac and the files were created with this MacBook Pro. We do link to a PC netwrok though/servers. ANY HELP??? it's quite annoying having to save so many versions.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign files opening by default to Read Only

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Every year I work on some Year Book files that I did not create and they open as read only files so I have to resave a million versions. The file is not locked, I have read & write privilegdes. It doesn't happen every time but 80% of the time which is odd. I am on a mac and the files were created with this MacBook Pro. We do link to a PC netwrok though/servers. ANY HELP??? it's quite annoying having to save so many versions.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you receiving the old files so that you can operate them on your Mac?

And BTW, saving versions every couple of hours is a very good thing to do, your problem notswithstanding.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Kitty6 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply, yes I know saving regularly is great but this is every 20 minutes or so when I get interupted or go to a meeting etc etc! I like to save after every section of the book I do....

The files are obtained from the server at our college. So the same place they were saved from the previous designer. Any thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0