• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign files opening in Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am having issues with my ID files, they were created as ID files and have been worked on in this context, However it started freezing and not opening the files so I deleted an older version of ID that was installed (I still have the latest version 15.1 installed) now it is defulting the files to Acrobat PDF's ect. I went to properties to find ID, to no avail. I uninstalled Acrobat to see if this was the issue, also to no avail. I now have the icon image as a blank page yet stating its now an ID file but not still not opening. The only way I can access my files is to click into the adobe app and open the file that way but it's a real pain in the ass and I have no idea how to fix this cr#p. HEEEEEEEELP PLEASE!!!!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This looks like a file association error to me. Please share version of OS so that we can help you correct that.

You may also use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove the existing installation of Adobe apps and install a fresh copy. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This looks like a file association error to me. Please share version of OS so that we can help you correct that.

You may also use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove the existing installation of Adobe apps and install a fresh copy. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines