Highlighted

InDesign Font not resizing

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently noticed a few bugs on my indesign. 

When I try to resize my fonts they don't change. I've tried different documents, restarting my mac, uninstalling and reinstalling indesign and previous versions of indesign and it keeps bugging.

Another bug is when I click on the fill icon, the window that appears is always half off my screen and I can't move it or scroll down. I don't know whether the two bugs are related?

Has anyone had similar issues and know how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jmlevy | Adobe Community Professional

Hi, the icon you have circled is not the type size icon, but the leading one, so it is normal that the font size does not change. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Font not resizing

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently noticed a few bugs on my indesign. 

When I try to resize my fonts they don't change. I've tried different documents, restarting my mac, uninstalling and reinstalling indesign and previous versions of indesign and it keeps bugging.

Another bug is when I click on the fill icon, the window that appears is always half off my screen and I can't move it or scroll down. I don't know whether the two bugs are related?

Has anyone had similar issues and know how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jmlevy | Adobe Community Professional

Hi, the icon you have circled is not the type size icon, but the leading one, so it is normal that the font size does not change. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've tried different documents, restarting my mac, uninstalling and reinstalling indesign and previous versions of indesign..."

Have you tried resetting preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 2
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ni Natasha:

JMLevy has the correct answer for the first question—the leading values controls the vertical spacing between the lines of text. Here's a visual for you:

font.gif

The Fill issue (which you didn't show us) is likely due to your display resolution. You can increase the resolution, or use a larger display, or switch to the Essentials Classic or Advanced workspace. Both of these workspaces will then display the same controls you are using at the top of your screen, (rather on on the right) which will give the list more space. 

fill.gif

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0