Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign, Gradient Fill Not Working

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm new to InDesign and am working on a single page layout.  I would like to put a gradient fill into the background.  I'm familiar with the gradient fill tool and have set that up but somehow it won't fill any of the frames I select.  Attached is my file.  Any suggestions appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

In your capture you are applying the gradient to the selected frame’s stroke. Toggle the Fill/Stroke icon in your Tool or Swatches panel to apply the gradient as the Fill

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made a Gradient Swatch and set it has the fill—Swatches panel>New Gradient Swatch?

Screen Shot.png

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created another one for good measure and tried again. My understanding is that once the swatch is selected I can use the Gradient Swatch tool by selecting a frame, then dragging across the frame.  It's still not working for me.

Specifics about my setup: Win 10 with InDesign version 12.1.0.56 x64 build

BSCGradientSwatch.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your capture you are applying the gradient to the selected frame’s stroke. Toggle the Fill/Stroke icon in your Tool or Swatches panel to apply the gradient as the Fill

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it.  Got it!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines