Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - GREP Style Numbering multiple colors

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I have been struggeling for a very long time but how can I add a secondary color in the numbering of Bullets & Numbering without converting the numbering to text.

I want to give the dot on the numbering another color. I don't want to do it manually anymore cause it's too much of work. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Humeyra5C94 

This isn't possible with just Bullets or number. Bullets and number is a all or nothing format. I know you didn't want to do a manual process, but if you look at paragraphy styles and Nested styles you would automatically format bullets yourself, using a character style to handle the dots.

You might need to play with this a little to get it working, but from a quick test it worked fine for me.Untitled-1.jpg

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplify your auto-num to:  ^#

Include a Grep style: "Orange" + ^\.(?=\t)

… and run a simple regex as:  Find: ^. + para style  Replace by: .\t$0

For the end of the para, add a 2nd Grep style: "Orange" + [.…]$

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jedi!

Do grep styles also work on the numbers of a numbered list?

I have a set of headings numbered like this: "2.1.3  Introduction", and in the paragraph style the character color is set to red.

In this example I would want the "2.1." in black, and the "3 Introduction" in red.

How can I make that happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By Script!

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah that's a quick respons! Never used scripts before, so that's gonna take me a lot of Googling, but I'll look into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines