Highlighted

InDesign grid problem

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now producing a small magazine for a 55+ community in Arizona and have run across some vexing problems in how my predecessor did things. And, I am unable to contact her.

I need to change the shape of the grid on the attached page, but have no idea how she created it,

It is fully editable, except for the grid lines.

Any suggestions, or should I simply start from scractch?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

The grid is an InDesign table. It should be perfectly editable if you know how to work with InDesign tables.

If you're unfamiliar with working with tables, it might be worth looking at Diane Burns video course (free for 30 days I believe) on LinkedIn Learning.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-tables/welcome

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign grid problem

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now producing a small magazine for a 55+ community in Arizona and have run across some vexing problems in how my predecessor did things. And, I am unable to contact her.

I need to change the shape of the grid on the attached page, but have no idea how she created it,

It is fully editable, except for the grid lines.

Any suggestions, or should I simply start from scractch?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

The grid is an InDesign table. It should be perfectly editable if you know how to work with InDesign tables.

If you're unfamiliar with working with tables, it might be worth looking at Diane Burns video course (free for 30 days I believe) on LinkedIn Learning.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to start from scratch. The grid lines are fully editable. Double click on the table then hover over a line. The cursor will convert into a two-directional arrow. Left click and move the line. Just make sure you have editable space. The first row of classes is already as small as it can go based on the settings for Table>cell options>Text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as mentioned, use the Type tool and hover over the gridlines. You can also select the table (click in a cell and press ESC) via the Table menu. Table menu > Cell options > Strokes & Fills. As Steve mentioned, my LinkedIn Learning course covers this in detail. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0