• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign > Edit > Transparency Flattener not sticky?

Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a clean reinstall of InDesign today, I began the process of updating my settings and Workspace. But one setting isn't working the way it used to. InDesign > Edit > Transparency Flattener keeps reverting to [Low Resolution].

Our standard setting is here, and shown in the screen shot below.

• Raster/Vector Balance: 100
  • Line Art and Text resolution: 2400
  • Gradient and Mesh Resolution: 400
  • The rest is off or N/A.

But after selecting this Preset, I noticed that it doesn't stick. It keeps reverting to [Low resolution].

Any ideas why? How can I get this preset to stick?

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 1.58.45 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Edit>Transparency Flattener Presets... works like File> Print, Document, and Adobe PDF presets, you use those dialogs to edit existing, or create new presets. The selected preset is not applied to anything so they are not sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you running? Can you load your PDF preset that uses the custom flattener and show a capture of the Advanced tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated InDesign today to 16.2.1

From the previous conversation thread, I had gone ahead and updated the PDF Export Preset to be sure I can export files correctly, and it looks like it is sticky. But I still don't understand why the Transparency Flattener Presets  are not sticky.

If the Transparency Flatter Presets panel doesn't stick and the only way to address it via an updated PDF Export preset, that's fine. I just want to be clear before I send out an update to the entire office requesting that they update their PDF Export preset.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.36.52 PM.png

I really appreciate your time on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you load your custom PDF preset and make a change to it, i.e. change the Marks and Bleeds, you should see a (modified) prefix. 

Screen Shot 15.png

If you Export to the modified preset, then choose Export again the modified preset should be sticky including the last used flattener:

Screen Shot 16.png

If you Cancel, the loaded and modified preset might not stick with a new Export—the settings would revert to the last export setting that was actually used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works. I've updated my presets and the settings sticks. But that still leaves the question about why the initial setting, InDesign > Edit > Transparency Flattener doesn't stick. Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.36.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>Transparency Flattener Presets... works like File> Print, Document, and Adobe PDF presets, you use those dialogs to edit existing, or create new presets. The selected preset is not applied to anything so they are not sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. That answers my question! Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines