Highlighted

InDesign - Guides not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to be able to drag anything from the ruler. I have QUIT and restarted INDD twice, checked preferences, and under VIEW, nothing apparently is causing this. Any ideas, would be greatly appreicated. It seems like a bug.

Thanks

Correct answer by lyzolari | Community Beginner

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback. It turns out I needed to update my lapton and that solved everything! But I appreciate the support!

Topics

Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign - Guides not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to be able to drag anything from the ruler. I have QUIT and restarted INDD twice, checked preferences, and under VIEW, nothing apparently is causing this. Any ideas, would be greatly appreicated. It seems like a bug.

Thanks

Correct answer by lyzolari | Community Beginner

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback. It turns out I needed to update my lapton and that solved everything! But I appreciate the support!

Topics

Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you confirm the version of the software and the operating system you are using.

Can you share a screenshot showing the layers panel? Are your rulers visible?

If you open the menu Layout > Create Guides... > make sure to have some columns and rows, can you see them added?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Threshold setting for guides maybe? 
Try deleting all prefs at start up so you start fresh, lets see first if that works:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html#restore_all_preferences_and_default_...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

another weird cause:

Color Paper is applied to the active layer's color and therefore the guides you are dragging out on this layer are also in color Paper. With a paper colored background the guides would be invisible. But you should be able to select them with a selection marquee dragged out with your mouse when no other page item will be selected.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue (long-time Indesign user, 15 + years). How do I change the background color, so as to maintain white background and also see guides? I've reset my prefs, it did nothing.  I waste so much time fixing this stuff.... I should have a separate invoice to Adobe for all the hours.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines