• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Hanging for 10/15 seconds every time I import or try and move and image

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

For the past 2/3 weeks now my Indesign is hannging on the spnning wheel everytime I import or try to move an image. It only happens with images and I have pre-flight turned off. So when I import an image there is a 15second delay whether it's a 500kb image or a 20mb image. Makes no difference. Then if I click on that image to move it I have another 15second wait.

So at the moment every job I am working on is taking 2/3 times as long. I need this resolved asap.

I am usuing the newest InDesign (15.0.2) and Mac OS Catalina (10.15.3)

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two thoughts:

How much RAM do you have?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this just been happening since updating InDesign and your Mac or does this behavior predate your updates? How old is your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines