• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Home screen is empty when I'm logged in to my Adobe account, but normal otherwise.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been looking for a solution to this problem but didn't find any.

Here is the situation. If I'm connected to my Adobe account, the inDesign home screen looks like this :

Empty_Home_indd.png

If I'm disconnected it works again like it should :

normal_Home_indd.png

When I reconnect, the home screen keeps working until I close and re-open indd.

I tried the basic recommended solutions (change the recent item to show in home to 0 then 20 again, clear all indd settings with ctrl+alt+shift, delete the settings / cache folders manually, uninstall / reinstall, even reinstall the CC desktop app) but it didn't change anything. 

This problem happens only with indd (not the other CC programs like AI or PS).

I can tell it started arround one or two month ago, but I can't link it to anything in particular (not a Windows update, maybe an indd update, but I'm not sure).

So, even though it's not the end of the world (as I can always access my recent files from the File menu anyway), I'd be happy to find solution, so if anyone as an idea, I'd be glad to hear it. 🙂

By the way, I've looked for direct Adobe support (email for instance), but couldn't find anything. Does it exist ??

Sincerely

Jérémie

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Well, I managed to find a chat option ! It was on the "creativecloud" page. (creativecloud.adobe.com).

I'l try it.

Maybe my problem is subjective as a "problem" (or a "solution" in your case). But at least it's objectively a bug ! 🙂 And for that I'd like to have Adobe solve it. Then I'll decide if I want to see the homepage or not (as there's an option for that). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> By the way, I've looked for direct Adobe support (email for instance), but couldn't find anything. Does it exist ??

They do kill normal ticket system by email without any reason. I hate this!

Therefore, you can talk with Adobe Support Chat:

2021-03-25_12-04-35.png

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the chat icon here (although I'm connected).

I just see a "contact us" link below, but it opens a page with some "popular topics" related to the knowledge base, and no real contact options. And that's a dead end. 

Anyway, let's see if someone on the community knows something about my problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> about my problem. 

For me this is not a problem. I do like to have nothing on this screen. All home screens is an evil. Just for showing that something added to this screen some people thinks that this is new feature. This is not a feature, this is garbage. (This is my opinion. You like this home screen - this is your opinion).

>> I don't have the chat icon here (although I'm connected).

It strange. Are you log in it on this page?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I managed to find a chat option ! It was on the "creativecloud" page. (creativecloud.adobe.com).

I'l try it.

Maybe my problem is subjective as a "problem" (or a "solution" in your case). But at least it's objectively a bug ! 🙂 And for that I'd like to have Adobe solve it. Then I'll decide if I want to see the homepage or not (as there's an option for that). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines