Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Icon

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One day my indesign documents suddenly showed up as a white icon instead of the regular indesign square with Id in it. The documents open when double-clicked and work as regular. Anyone knows how to get the icon back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Hey all,

Thanks for your help. I decided to try one more time uninstalling and reinstalling Indesign- and guess what? It actually helped - my icons are back! Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me- it is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not mention what OS you are using.

On Windows 10, I had that problem with Acrobat icons. I tried uninstalled and reinstalled, but that did not work. I had to run uninstall, Adobe CC Cleaner, and then reinstall.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't want to run Adobe CC Cleaner for this, so I'll wait with that to see if anyone knows anything else that can help... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to remove everything with CC Cleaner--you can just target InDesign.

The other option is a registry tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see InDesign under Program Files or Program Files (x86)

Someone reported this earlier and somehow the 32 bit version of InDesign had been installed instead of the 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under Program Files, not Program Files (x86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an OS thing, and not an InDesign thing.

If you are using Mac OS, select one of your InDesign files and go to File>Get Info. You will see Open With: somewhere in the middle. Select InDesign (version of your choice), and see if that helps. You can click the Change All button if it works. Not sure about Windows, but I think it's similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is an file/extension association issue since the files are opening normally. (My PDFs were too.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows, and you're right, but it is already set as Indesign, and I already reset it also, but the white blank icon remains...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a platform issue. Same problem here. I'm on Windows 10. And can't find the "Program file" to link them to now that I've uninstalled the earlier versions on InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Thanks for your help. I decided to try one more time uninstalling and reinstalling Indesign- and guess what? It actually helped - my icons are back! Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me- it is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines