• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop workspaces disappear on iMac with second screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe einen ganz neuen iMac 27, 3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7,  Baujahr 2020, System Catalina 10.15.7 und daran einen Bildschirm Eizo Flexscan L768 über ein Original-Kabel von Apple angeschlossen. 

Geht der Mac in Ruhestellung und wacht dann auf, wird er sofort wieder dunkel und startet dann quasi neu. Ist dann z.B. Indesign oder Illustrator oder Photoshop aktiv gewesen, sind alle Einstellungen der Arbeitsbereiche die auf dem 2.Bildschirm angelegt waren, dahin und ich muss alle neu anordnen und wieder als neuen Arbeitsbereich abspeichern. Ich habe von allen Programmen die aktuellen Versionen, ebenso von Catalina.

Jemand das gleiche Problem und vielleicht eine Lösung?

Würde mich freuen ...

In English:

I have a brand new iMac 27, 3.8GHz 8-core Intel Core i7, built in 2020, system Catalina 10.15.7 and connected to it a screen Eizo Flexscan L768 via an original cable from Apple.  
If the Mac is in a rest ingestion position and then wakes up, it immediately goes dark again and then almost restarts. If, for example, Indesign or Illustrator or Photoshop was active, all settings of the workspaces that were created on the 2nd screen are gone and I have to rearrange them all and save them again as a new workspace. I have the current versions of all programs, as well as Catalina.
Someone the same problem and maybe a solution?
Would be happy ..

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi Srishti,

it seems as if power nap / energy saving / systemsettings was the problem.

After switching off everything works well.

Kind regards

Joachim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Also, I would request if you could try following these steps and share your observations with us:

• Does it help if you turn off the GPU performance from application preferences? 
  • If not, try setting secondary screen as primary and see if that helps.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

only short answers to your questions:

All the parts of the systems are original.

I haven’t installed no strange or exotic software. No antivirus, no web extensions or something else. Everything is new.

It started with connecting the second screen, which was before connected to my old Mac (cheesegrater) also as second screen for the workspaces and it worked over all the years very well.

Regards

Joachim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I have switched off all GPUs in Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop.
Same problem.

Maybe one more note:

After the restart I can find all (!) the workspaces in the left upper corner of the mainscreen on top of each other in a stack. And sometimes you can find the dock and the menu bar on the small screen!

Kind regards

Joachim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

it seems as if power nap / energy saving / systemsettings was the problem.

After switching off everything works well.

Kind regards

Joachim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She gives the same stock answer everytime someone brings up the corrupt workspaces issue. It's a huge problem across ID, PS and Illustrator on second monitors and Mac laptops. I've given up asking them to fix it, now I'm just here to point out that Adobe has been sucking hard these last few years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beneath the solution with power nap / energy saving / systemsettings you have to use for your second screen the original Apple connector from Thunderbolt/USB to your second screen. I have tried different cheap connectors - only the Apple Connectors work.

I am working with an IMac Retina 5K 27'' 2020 ans Catalina and the newest Adobe suite.

Kind regards

Joachim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Joachim, 

I'm not sure if I'm having the same problems but I'll look into it. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines