Exit

InDesign: Image not sizing properly with the tools

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 5, 2021

Hello,

I was in Adobe InDesign the other night, placing pictures on the page. There is a fitting tool to size the photos into size desired, and tools to adjust and position etc. Pictures were sizing properly, then one would not size properly.

The orange perimeter box became over sized and difficult to use. If I clicked on the image to move it into position - it would not move.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locate the image on your computer - open it - resave it as a different format, tif or PSD or something similar to what it is.

Replace the image in the layout. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi, No that was not the problem. I deleted the image box and the image. Shut down computer > started computer > then > did a restart of computer. Then created a new image box > moved the image box to desired location > placed the same image in the box > resized the image and it was fine. Just like all the other images on the document.

Why did it behave differently than all the other placing, resizing etc.? I ask this because this occurs regularly as I work on documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your system specs? Processor/RAM/Graphics Card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

system specs are checked out as okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you tell us what they are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines