Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign in a Remote Desktop Environment

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I oppened a business case, but I only received the answer that the deployment of InDesign is not recommended in an RDS environment.

In fact we installed InDesign with no issues on our RDS Host, the software seemed to work well during the test phase, but now it sometimes crashes (freeze), the following error is thrown in the windows event log :

Nom de l’application défaillante AdobeExtensionsService.exe, version : 7.11.0.0, horodatage : 0x5f611fe5
Nom du module défaillant : AdobeExtensionsService.exe, version : 7.11.0.0, horodatage : 0x5f611fe5
Code d’exception : 0xc0000409
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0014a6d5
ID du processus défaillant : 0x4520
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d6963221951962
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\UPI\ExManCoreLib\AdobeExtensionsService.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\UPI\ExManCoreLib\AdobeExtensionsService.exe
ID de rapport : a0f4e14b-1722-4e64-9675-45c52a01d884
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Does anyone here has achieved a proper RDS Deployment of InDesign and has some tips & tricks ?

Tech detail :

Windows Server 2019

Nvidia Quadro vGPU (P40-8Q)

24 GB RAM

Intel Xeon Gold 6132 (10 vCPU)

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christophe,

at university where I will work online as guest lecturer the next semester Creative Cloud 2020 and other apps on Windows 10 are currently tested with Remote Desktop. Until now I see no flaws. However, I cannot answer any technichal questions about its implementation.

Who exactly said, that it is not recommended to use InDesign ( and perhaps other apps of CC 2020 ) with Remote Desktop?

It seems this is not good advice.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

This was from a "Johnny" from the InDesign support department which told me that this is not recommended and to use it locally (which indeed work with no issues) but this is not the goal.

I asked if there was some documentation for an RDS Deployment (detailled documentation is available for Adobe Reader for example) which contains some technical inputs with regedit/customization and best practices.

Since the InDesign worked well at start, I do believe that can work pretty well, the error described in the my original post seems that the AdobeExtensionsService.exe is crashing, maybe with a conflict or something I need to clarify.

I could not find any log files related to that crash yet.

Best regards and thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update : This doesn't seems to only impact InDesign, every tools of the suite (Photoshop for exemple) crashes after launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines