Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Incopy assignment doesn't include my image placeholders

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I choose 'Ad layer to assignment' in Indesign it normaly includes the text frames and the image frames of that layer in the assignment. Every item in my lay-out gets the globe sign and in the assignment panel a 'T' or 'X-box' appears.

In a few of my indesign files the image frames are not included in the assignment anymore.

Is this a bug in Indesign? Is ther something wrong with my file?

I can only seperate the Indesignfile in two files now: one for each language version.

Thank you for your respons!

Best regards,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use InCopy, so maybe "assignment" is a term they use, but other than that, it sounds like you're working with supplied files from a tutorial. Without knowing what files you have, it's hard to know how to help you. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your respons.

This the worklfow:
- The lay-out of the pages are made in Indesign: 1 layer for Dutch text and images, 1 layer for English text and images.
- To deliver the lay-out to the client I have to make an 'assignment' (Indesign > Edit > Incopy > Ad layer to assignment)
- I have marked in the Option settings of the assignment: 'Linked image files...' The images (foto's, logo's, etc.) should be included in the package.
- In a few indesign files the images are not included anymore. But sometimes it works.

Best regards,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you positive that the frames are graphic frames and not unassigned content? If so, if you choose to export all and skip the assignment does it export the frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines