Highlighted

InDesign indexing — case sensitivity

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!  Can anyone advise me ... I am indexing a new book and was hoping to avoid having to index words twice if they occur both with capitalisation and without, but I can't seem to find a way of doing this. Maybe there isn't?!  It seems odd that InDesign wouldn't have this option, requiring you to spend hours, post-indexing, combining the entries.  Thanks in advance! 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Randy Hagan | Adobe Community Professional

Alas, there isn't.

InDesign differentiates between lower- and upper-case characters like a password, rather than like web addresses where it would not. I'm afraid you're looking at two different entries for two different words.

I know this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but it is an honest answer.

Hope this helps,

Randy

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign indexing — case sensitivity

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!  Can anyone advise me ... I am indexing a new book and was hoping to avoid having to index words twice if they occur both with capitalisation and without, but I can't seem to find a way of doing this. Maybe there isn't?!  It seems odd that InDesign wouldn't have this option, requiring you to spend hours, post-indexing, combining the entries.  Thanks in advance! 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Randy Hagan | Adobe Community Professional

Alas, there isn't.

InDesign differentiates between lower- and upper-case characters like a password, rather than like web addresses where it would not. I'm afraid you're looking at two different entries for two different words.

Hope this helps,

Randy

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, there isn't.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0