• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign installer not opening

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My installer of Indesign is not opening with the dubble click. I tried it already a few times also with redownloading it. Can somebody help me solve this problem?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean installing InDesign from the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. I downloaded the installer for the creative cloud app. I am supposed to dubble click the installer to open it, but it just doesnt open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version operating system do you have?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity?

Assuming you have the correct system specs, I suggest you uninstall the Creative Cloud app and install it again and see if that helps.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 15.22.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i already redownloaded it several times and updated my mac to the newes version. There should be also enough space on my mac around 40 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

40GB is not much spare disk capacity, how much RAM do you have and which OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean you downloaded it? Did you start off by installing the CC Desktop app? From there you click install for InDesign. Is that what you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually a friend helped me and found the problem. Sorry for bothering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how you resolved the problem, it may help others with a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, installing it on my new macbook pro. I've the same problem. It won't start installing after double clicking. What caused the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing WHAT? InDesign should be installed from the CC Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install InDesign, like mentioned in this topics name. I downloaded the installer from the CC app. But with that I'm experiencing the same problem. I think the problem is, that I already installed ID with my account on another laptop. But I do not dare to remove that one because I'm not sure yet that really causes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Adobe Licence, you are allowed to install InDesign on two computers.

Which operating system do you have on this computer and how much RAM and spare hard disk capacity?

Try resetting the InDesign preferences:
1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.
If you don't see the question repeat the procedure again.

If that doesn't help uninstall InDesign and reinstall it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the explanation @Derek Cross , it is much appreciated. 
My macbook works on MacOS Montery, there's 500 GB left on my HD and I remember that I bougt this Macbook: Apple MacBook Pro 14" (2021) M1 Pro (8 core CPU/14 core GPU) 32GB/512GB Space Gray. I think that all isn't causing the problem. 

I'll try to follow the steps as mentiond above. But, do I need to try the reset on the computer that I'm working on now? Because I can't even Install CC on my new device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines