InDesign installs, launches, but does not become available

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All,

I am on an iMac with the current Mac OS and 32 gigs of RAM.

InDesign will not open. I have installed and re-installed serveral times. Can download, install, and open the app. It shows up on the dock at the bottom of the screen but once clicked on to launch it begins to open but never completely opens. The only way to start a re-install is to force quit the app from the dock.

Maybe I'm doing something incorretly. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Davida

TOPICS
Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign Preferences?

If that doesn't work try using the InDesign Cleaner tool:  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by Derek, you may also try suggestion given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines