• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Interactive Buttons

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add navigation buttons to a long document to link back to the TOC or page forward and back. I assume I should put this on the master page as the buttons need to be through out the document.

I have tried several ways to add the buttons but nothing seems to work after I export to PDF. 

The TOC navigation works fine and the book marks are also working fine.

I need to also add links using anchored text frames but I cant get there to work either, I am using Indesign 2021. Can anyone shed some light on what I amy be doing wrong.

Thanks,

Pat

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does several ways mean? What exact action are you using on the buttons? How are you viewing the PDF?

Anything other than Acrobat or Reader on a desktop is going to be a crapshoot. Mobile and browsers are particularly troublesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Is there a way for me to send you a sample document? By sample I mean all the methods I found online and in the adobe support info.

It may be something to do with changes in the in the new adobe acrobat. I am doing a manual in InDesign Navigation buttons similar to this document.

t.   Adobe Navigation Buttons.JPG

I have tried following Adobes process but I just cant get the buttons to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't been back in 2 and half months and you still haven't answered the question: How did you create the buttons? What actions are applied?

FWIW, I'd do it with hyperlink destinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

Yep it's been a while. I have a number of things that I do in addition to cancer.

I am the Energizer Bunny on bad batteries! Sometimes it takes me a while to swing back to a project.

So far I have followed the links on Adobe's website and also on LinkedIn Learning.

I have done the steps multiple times but recently saw a comment that Adobe removed the feature except for EPub Docs.

I have done buttons on a number of documents in the past but always using Acrobat. 

I assume I should be able to do it in InDesign. I am going to try it again in the EPub format to see if I can get it to work.

The page that I added has navigation buttons at the top and bottom which is what I am trying to achieve.

Sorry about the delays but I do a number of projects and am like a squirrel, see something shiny and I am off!

I am still on the right side of the grass for now so I do what I can.

Thanks

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines