Highlighted

InDesign Interactive Forms generate subject line

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation.

User edits PDF version of InDesign created form and selects "submit" which generates an email. How (using InDesign) can I set up the InDesign Interactive form where the subject line of the email is populated from a particular line item in the interactive form. For instance, project name (where project name is the name of the button).

I've seen quite a few examples of this in the community but the solution refers to Javascript in Acrobat DC and I'm not clear what that refers to.

So far, I have tried URL: mailto: email@email.com? subject=Project Name.

Any assistance to how to set this up in InDesign would be helpful! If not, I'm willing to try a work around in other software if possible.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Interactive Forms generate subject line

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation.

User edits PDF version of InDesign created form and selects "submit" which generates an email. How (using InDesign) can I set up the InDesign Interactive form where the subject line of the email is populated from a particular line item in the interactive form. For instance, project name (where project name is the name of the button).

I've seen quite a few examples of this in the community but the solution refers to Javascript in Acrobat DC and I'm not clear what that refers to.

So far, I have tried URL: mailto: email@email.com? subject=Project Name.

Any assistance to how to set this up in InDesign would be helpful! If not, I'm willing to try a work around in other software if possible.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be done in InDesign but perhaps someone in the Acrobat forum can help you. Pop over there and ask.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No spaces.  You'll find hundreds of these examples on the web.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See a similar question which I also referred to the Acrobat forum.

However, I found a couple article which may be helpful which I included in my reply:

Email a PDF interactive form using 'submit form' button and including field data in the subject line

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0