• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign interactive PDF button rollovers Not working in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I published an interactive PDF from InDesign the button navigation and rollovers is not working. I created buttons with popup widows, the popups do not work. The only buttons that function properly are the "next and previous page" buttons. Is there a workaround to get these functions to work properly? It seems like I have issues when I try to view the interactive in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Should I even try to view the interactive in a web browser or just use Acrobat DC/Reader.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020
Beyond desktop version of Acrobat or Reader these types of the effects are going to be quite hit or miss. Even in Acrobat they can be troublesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond desktop version of Acrobat or Reader these types of the effects are going to be quite hit or miss. Even in Acrobat they can be troublesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware if Adobe Acrobat has resolved this issues when an Interactive PDF is created? Currently my rollovers appear but get stuck and appear all the time instead of on Hover. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever it is it's not an InDesign issue. Please visit the Acrobat forum with full details and someone there might be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is inconcievable that the correct answer to this starts with "whatever it is..."?!?!   The point of Adobe products in general, I thought, was to give tools to artists so they could create - in this case - a simply-functioning web page without being a Web Programmer.  I know there is some magic that must be added as browsers constantly update and swap requirements (it works in Chrome but not Safari - oh wait, this month it works in Safari but not Chrome!) - but is there no way to help an artist keep on top of that?  If there isn't, why put us through the process of adding rollovers and connecting these cool effects only to be told 'well weird - whatever is stopping this thing we sold you from working, there's really nothing we can do about it."  It's like buying a "Time Machine Kit" and taking months to make it, but when you ask the person who sold it to you why it doesn't actually make a Time Machine, the answer is "Whatever it is, it's hard to make a time machine, so..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to use Publish Online for this project instead? It supports all of InDesign's interactive features, and can be viewed on any platform in any browser. Here are several examples of documents that will give you an idea of what you can do: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to point out that all content for any Publish Online project will actually reside on Adobe's server. This means that if you are involved with proprietary material this will probably be a problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines