• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Interactive PDF form, bolding text upon click and staying bold after release ...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... I have two copy options on my interactive PDF form. Kilograms and pounds. I would like the user to be able to select one by clicking on it. Once slecetd the copy should become bold and stay bold. I played around with making it a button but after release, the text goes back to unbold. How can I get the text to stay bold? Thank you!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

You can set click appearance of a button, but this is not a permanent state, the button returns to normal appearance once finished.

Here is a workaround:

It involves 2 buttons. The second button has the bold text appearance, and is hidden. Once first button is clicked, it will hide itself and then show second button.

To see a demonstration, click here

If this is what you are looking for, I can share file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a picture of what sort of button you're trying to create. It's not clear to me from your description.

Also: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set click appearance of a button, but this is not a permanent state, the button returns to normal appearance once finished.

Here is a workaround:

It involves 2 buttons. The second button has the bold text appearance, and is hidden. Once first button is clicked, it will hide itself and then show second button.

To see a demonstration, click here

If this is what you are looking for, I can share file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is basically what I was looking for. This was a print piece turned digital and when the copy was FDA approved, it still said "circle" so we had to work with the existing "circle" copy. I was told to bold the copy upon click but argued a circle makes more sense, hence the circle instead of bolding. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-woker figured it out using java script in acrobat. I was trying to do it in InDesign. Thank you for your responses, I will take a look at your demonstration Jeffrey. Thank you both.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 12.35.13 PM.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After seeing the form you are using, my suggestion would be to use a radio button (form field) for kg lb. This suggestion would have the radio check box next to each choice. It would not have the selection circled as shown.

IMO, when it comes to fillable forms, I would choose the functionality aspect of the element over the aesthetics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines