• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign is not consistent with color

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at my Libraries panel for my brands colors in RGB, I see my colors vividly. Then, when I apply them to my design in InDesign, it displays the colors differently. My document is set to RGB, the colors were made as RGB, the values in the colors panel is RGB and the output, when I export it as jpeg or png is also the right color. However, InDesing does not display my colors the way I need to see them.

Why is this not consistent and how can you design something in InDesign if you can't even see the colors correctly in your design? My request would be that Adobe makes the apps show the colors consistently everywhere, for starters within the same program.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to learn a bit about Color Management – Linkedin Learning have some excellent online video tutorials (you can get 30-days free access): https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-color-management?trk=learning-serp_learning_search-card&u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document’s assigned RGB color profile (Edit>Assign Profiles...)  will affect the display of an RGB HEX value.

Here is your #A7354F color when the document profile is set to ProPhotoRGB, AdobeRGB, and sRGB:

Screen Shot 11.pngScreen Shot 12.pngScreen Shot 13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

—I export it as jpeg or png is also the right color

Also, when you export a .PNG from InDesign there isn’t an option to embed a profile, so the PNG is exported with no profile.

If you open the PNG in Photoshop it will be assigned Photoshop’s current Color Settings’ RGB Working Space, which could be any RGB display profile.

If you display the PNG in a browser, it will display as sRGB—the major browsers display RGB images with no embedded color profile as sRGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines