• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign is well on its way to being complete unusable. :-(

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is more broken with every update. I've had so many problems recently that I'm considering changing careers so I won't have to use any Adobe products. I'm trying to do something very simple (create a paragraph style with text in a certain shade of black). I've created a new style, cleared everything out, made sure no character styles were applied, and it still insists on making the text a different shade of gray. I have a large document that needs to be done yesterday, and I'm spending so much time on petty little things that I can't actually get the real work done. Do Adobe product designers actually use their products before they force updates on us? 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file or post a screenshot? Do you sure there are not nested styles or GREP styles in your paragraph style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you're overlooking something. If an update had introduced a bug that hampers user control over the Character Color function, we'd all have it, and we'd all be losing our minds.

If you post more exact details of the conditions around your problem, someone here will either reproduce it or pick up on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please state your InDesign version and OS.

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have.

Has resetting the InDesign preferences helped?

To reset the preferences:

1) Close InDesign
    2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
    3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
    4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines